Pennsylvania is one of the top states for hunting.
The keystone state has a strong population of deer, lots of strutting wild turkeys, and numerous small game animals, including upland birds, waterfowl, and some great squirrel hunting.
Wondering how to get started in the Keystone State? Here’s a brief introduction to Pennsylvania hunting laws, how to get a Pennsylvania hunting license, and how to use FoggyTrail to have one of the best Pennsylvania hunting seasons possible!
Looking for your next hunting trip in PA? Check out these helpful links, and subjects below:
Pennsylvania Hunting Laws
Pennsylvania citizens take pride in having diverse, vibrant hunting opportunities that give outdoor enthusiasts all across the state plenty of excitement. To protect the wildlife for future generations, while giving hunters the chance to seek their favorite game, Pennsylvania have a comprehensive set of well-balanced hunting laws.
The hunting laws in Pennsylvania, as other states, are complex, so being up-to-date on the current regulations is essential. One important regulation that was recently passed allows hunters to use semi-automatic rifles (such as an AR-style rifles) for Pennsylvania deer hunting. Previously, hunters could only use manually-chambered rifles, such as bolt-actions, lever actions, or muzzleloaders. For deer hunting, Pennsylvania residents will soon be able to use semi-automatic rifles in addition to muzzleloaders, bows, and shotguns.
Like most states, Pennsylvania has different seasonal hunting laws for each type of weapon, so be sure to check the current seasonal dates to know when you can use each type of hunting tool.
How to Get a Pennsylvania Hunting License
Obtaining a Pennsylvania hunting license is quite simple. Anyone 12 years old or older can get a Pennsylvania hunting license. First-time hunters will need to complete a hunter’s safety course. This course can be taken online, but only by people 16 years of age or older.
When the safety requirements are complete, you can purchase a Pennsylvania hunting license and start enjoying some of the finest outdoor opportunities in the country. You can purchase your license at the Pennsylvania Game Commission website or any of the approved sellers, which are often outdoor equipment and apparel retailers.
Pennsylvania Hunting Land for Lease
With the help of FoggyTrail, you can find high-quality hunting land for lease in Pennsylvania. Simply visit our site, enter the area where you want to hunt and the type of adventure you’d prefer, and you’ll be given plenty of options for deer, waterfowl, turkey, and many other Pennsylvania hunting sports.
FoggyTrail is Here to Enhance Your Pennsylvania Hunting Work with FoggyTrail and we’ll help you have a successful Pennsylvania hunting season.
Hunting leases are filling up now, so create your profile and find the best hunting lands in the Keystone State!
Pennsylvania Hunting Seasons
Although 2017-2018 are expected to be released any day now, here are some hunting season dates in Pennsylvania that still apply.
- Ruffed Grouse: Ends on January 21 (2 daily, 6 possession).
- Rabbit (Cotton Tail): Ending February 28 (4 daily, 12 possession).
- Pheasant, Male only in WMU's 2A, 2C, 4C, 4E, 5A and 5B (Male & female in all other WMU's): Ending February 28).
- Woodchucks, a.k.a. groundhogs: No closed season, no limit, except on Sundays and regular firearms deer seasons.
- Spring Gobbler Turkey (Bearded only!): Special season until April 22, 2017 for eligiblw junior hunters, a required license, and mentored youth. 1 Spring gobbler limit taken during this hunt.
- Spring Gobbler Turkey (Bearded only!): From April 29-May 31, 2017. Limit 1 per day, and 2 in a season. April 29-May 13, the hunting hours are 1/2 hour before morning sunrise and until noon of that day. From May 15-31, the hunting hours are 1/2 hour before morning sunrise and until 1/2 hour after sunset.
Hunting Lease in PA
Tired of searching the internet endlessly for the hunting land that meets your needs and wants? If you're looking for a better way to find and connect with private land leases in PA (and across the country), then you have found the right place! Hunting Lease in PA -FoggyTrail.
More Hunting Land for Lease in PA
Looking for a better (and free!) way to lease your land to outdoorsmen?
Landowners on FoggyTrail are:
- Generating passive income from their property
- Making their land more valuable
- Saving their hard earned money with no advertising cost!
Join the community of outdoorsmen, outfitters, and private landowners now!